Authentic Organic Cotton
We have Started the Project in Salem Tamil Nadu with 3000 farmers Non GMO(Non BT) seeds and original.Going to tie up with major retail brand fair trade organic also available .
Anandi Enterprises Tirupur is implementing authentic organic cotton project in the districts of Salem, Namakkal, Erode & Thiruvannamalai, & the details are furnished below…
Benefits of Organic Cotton
Organic cotton shows great benefits at various levels of the value chain.Farmers, traders, retailers and consumers all benefit from the economic, social and ecological advantages of organic cotton projects.
Details of Our Organic Project:
We are working on ICS basis, as per the Organic Certification norms, in four Districts namely Salem, Namakkal, Tiruvannamalai and Erode.
- We are having a Retired joint Director of Agriculture from the State Government Agriculture Department to lead the staff & the project.
- We have one permanent field staff for each ICS, besides required village scribes.
- The Number of field staff and village scribes will be increased based on requirements.
District wise Details:
|S.No||Name of District||No. of Farmers||Area in Hector|
Total Farmers: 3004
Total area Coverage: 1956 Ha
This is for the year 2014-2015, 2015 – 2016 and 2016-2017
Area Projection of 2017-2018:
Surabi – 1956 Ha
Suvin – 100 Ha
Total – 2056 Ha
Year wise Production Details
|Year||Per Hectare yield In MT.||Seed Cotton Production in MT.||Lint Production In MT.|
|2014 – 2015||1.25||2,445||815|
|2015 – 2016||1.40||2,738||913|
|2016 – 2017 Projection||1.60||3,130||1,043|
|2017 – 2018 Projection Surabi + Suvin||2.0||4,112||1,370|
Methodologies for the Project Implementation
- Class Room Training to the farmers.
- Field Training to farmers.
- Visit to problem fields by Experts.
- Laying out field Demonstrations.
- Conducting skill demonstrations.
- Distribution of printed leaflets to the farmers.
- Training the field staff.
- Involving the Specialists from Department of Agriculture and Agriculture University for various training to farmers & staff.
Every year we are procuring seed cotton from the project farmers at competitive price.
In the years to come procurement will be intensified for the benefit of the farmers and the project.
Our Other Activities:
Anandi Enterprises has already created a Brand, RECCA for the recycled cotton & Yarn.
This is the first unit in South India, approved by Control Union, Netherlands.
We are implementing BCI Program in Warangal District of Telangana State for the 3rd year covering 7000 farmers.
Anandi Enterprises is committed for the benefit of all in the cotton sector from producer to consumer by way of implementing organic cotton projects, with utmost commitment and dedication.
This is the first year of the project
Number of Farmers
Area in ha
Variety Sown Surabi variety cotton
Certified seeds of reputed seed producers have been used by the farmers & crops raised under irrigated condition
Sowing time : March 2015
Probably harvest time : August 2015
Expected yield: Minimum of 15 quiantals / Ha
Certification body: control union
Total expected production in the project area
1956 ha * 15 QTI : 29340 QTI (or) 3000 QTS (Or) 3000-M-T of seed cotton – (Or) 1000_M.T of lint
Methodologies for the project implementation
- Class room trainings to farmers
- Field training to farmers
- Visit to problem fields by Experts
- Laying out field demonstrations
- Conducting skill demonstrations
- Making the farmers to use bio inputs for soil health and plant protection
- Distribution of printed leaflets